Inner city residents prepared to fend off the red ants
Wednesday 11 December 2002 by APF
This morning, the Johannesburg High Court denied the appeal by residents of Milton Court and Junel Court against the eviction order issued against them. The residents of Milton Court at 97 Pritchard st. and Junel Court, 63 Nugget st., are now readying to meet the sheriff of the court and its minions in red overalls from Wozani Security. The city authorities have chosen to press ahead with the forced removal of inner city residents who are too poor to blot the horizon of Johannesburg-world-class-city. But the poor are many and will defend our place in Johannesburg-working class-city.
Call 082 332-9874 for on-site reports.
This author's articles
- APF condemns the mass arrest of Landless People’s Movement Members
- ANC members engage in another round of violent and criminal acts of thuggery and political intolerance against APF in run-up to elections
- Towards a People’s Budget
- Another Shooting in Orange Farm
- SAMANCOR Retrenched Workers Picket
- Joburg Inner City Forum