About the anti-privatisation forum
Saturday 1 December 2001
The Anti-Privatisation Forum (APF) was established in July 2000 by activists and organisations involved in two key anti-privatisation struggles: the struggle against iGoli 2002 in Johannesburg, and the struggle against Wits 2001 at Wits University. The APF has affiliates from the unions, communities, students and the left. An anti-privatisation forum has been formed in Cape Town, and representatives from organisations in cities spanning from Durban to Upington to Cape Town have attended APF events in Johannesburg.
The APF’s role is to unite struggles against privatisation in the workplace and community. It is open to any organisation or individual opposed to privatisation. The APF links workers’ struggles for a living wage and jobs with community struggles for housing, water, electricity and fair rates and taxes. The APF has successfully linked struggles in communities in townships across Gauteng and around South Africa. It provides a forum for communities and workers to share their experiences and to strategise collectively.
Key issues that have been taken up by the APF include electricity cutoffs, evictions, and support for workers’ struggles against the privatisation of Johannesburg and Wits University. The APF conducts workshops in communities on issues related to privatisation. These workshops focus on developing the capacity of comrades to critically analyse their situation, to understand the root causes of privatisation, to learn from the experiences of other communities, and to strategise and undertake collective action. The APF also produces an Anti-Privatisation Monitor that provides updates on current struggles and analysis of issues related to privatisation.
The APF is governed by a Council made up of representatives of member organisations that meets once a month. A Co-ordinating Committee made up of one delegate from each mass based organisation meets on a weekly basis to provide strategy direction between Council Meetings. Activist forums are called on an ad hoc basis to rally people opposed to privatisation to effect the decisions of the APF Council and Co-ordinating Committee.
- An end to all privatisation programmes like Igoli 2002 and the return of all privatised services and assets to the public sector, including outsourced and corporatised services.
- The immediate end and reversal of retrenchments that are the inevitable result of privatisation.
- The election of local government candidates who stand on anti-privatisation platforms.
- The free supply of 50l of water per person per day.
- The free supply of the minimum amount of electricity needed for health, hygiene, cooking and heating.
- The introduction of a progressive block tariff system, ensuring free lifeline services cross-subsidised from the rich to the poor, from high-end users to low end users.
- The scrapping of arrears of the poor.
- An end to rent evictions and the attachment of household goods.
- An end to water and electricity cut-offs.
- An increase in the subsidy from national government to local government.
- The repudiation of the Apartheid debt.
- APF - General
rights - general
- The soccer World Cup is here but the poor continue to ‘feel’ hardship
- Community of Zone 20 Declares War on Corrupt Police and crime in their community
- Human Rights Day
- ANC members engage in another round of violent and criminal acts of thuggery and political intolerance against APF in run-up to elections
- Towards a People’s Budget
- South Africa - General
> About the anti-privatisation forum27 September 2008, by manshy
أشهار المواقع مجانى مركز رفع الملفات - دليل المواقع
مكتية البرامج - الثقافه الجنسيه الافلام العربى الافلام الاجنبى المسلسلات والمسرحيات مقاطع فيديو منوعه - الأغاني العربية - الأغاني الأجنبية - الديجي و الريمكس - الاغانى الشعبية - الكليبات (عربى - غربى)
فضائح الفنانين - البرامج
اختراق الاميلات -اختراق المواقع
- المنتـدى – دليل المواقع – مكتية البرامج – اسمك بالجليتر -مركز رفع الملفات – .العاب فلاش – أشهار المواقع مجانى – الثقافة الجنســية – الموسوعة الاسلامية -مقاطع البلوتوث -الفيديو كليب -رقص سكس -خلفيات للجوالات – الثقافه الجنسيه
الجريمة والعنف والقضايا الساخنه التسلية والترفيه - اختراق المواقع والمنتديات - الافلام الاجنبى – الافلام العربى - فضائح الفنانين
العاب الجوال - أفلام رومانسية | أفلام كوميدية | أفلام اكشن | أفلام دراما | مسرحيات | دليل| افلام اجنبى وهندى كليبات تنين تيوب مكتبة البرامج / رفع الصور و الملفات / كابتن هيما
تحميل - دليل مواقع - حقوق عين شمس - دعم دوت كوم - up3r.com - ارشيف
الموسوعة الاسلامية – رسائل الجوال -برامج ضغط الملفات